DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31119
Find DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31119. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Atlanta Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Atlanta Georgia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Atlanta will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Atlanta GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Atlanta DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Atlanta Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250