DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31120
Find DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31120. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other consequences as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Atlanta Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including high penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Atlanta Georgia or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Atlanta will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Atlanta GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Atlanta DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Atlanta Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250