DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31126
Find DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31126. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also other actions as a result of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Atlanta Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Atlanta Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Atlanta will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Atlanta GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Atlanta DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Atlanta Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250