DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31131
Find DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31131. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Atlanta Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Atlanta Georgia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Atlanta will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Atlanta GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Atlanta DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Atlanta Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250