DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31141
Find DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31141. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional other consequences as a result of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Atlanta Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Atlanta Georgia or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Atlanta will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Atlanta GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Atlanta DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Atlanta Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250