DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31145
Find DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31145. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also other consequences as a result of a DUI conviction is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Atlanta Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including high penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Atlanta Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Atlanta will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Atlanta GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense Atlanta DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Atlanta Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250