DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31146
Find DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31146. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional other consequences because of of a DUI conviction is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Atlanta Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Atlanta Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Atlanta will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Atlanta GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Atlanta DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Atlanta Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250