DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31150
Find DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31150. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional other consequences as a result of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Atlanta Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including high fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Atlanta Georgia or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Atlanta will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Atlanta GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Atlanta DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Atlanta Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250