DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31191
Find DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31191. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Atlanta Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Atlanta Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Atlanta will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Atlanta GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Atlanta DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Atlanta Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250