DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31193
Find DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 31193. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI conviction is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Atlanta Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including high penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Atlanta Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Atlanta will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Atlanta GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Atlanta DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Atlanta Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250