DUI Lawyer in Austell Georgia 30168
Find DUI Lawyer in Austell Georgia 30168. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you will need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also other consequences because of of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Austell Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Austell Georgia or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Austell will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Austell GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Austell DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Austell Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250