Best DUI Attorney in Athens Georgia 30602
Find Best DUI attorney in Athens Georgia 30602. Arrested for drunk driving in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on representing your DUI defense case.
The odds of successfully beating DUI charges are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences, including high fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Athens or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Athens Georgia will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in Athens GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the families of victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Athens Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Athens Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI