Best DUI Attorney in Athens Georgia 30607
Find Best DUI attorney in Athens Georgia 30607. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI case.
The chances of really having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Athens or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Athens Georgia will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI attorney in Athens GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Athens Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Athens Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI