Best DUI Attorney in Athens Georgia 30609
Find Best DUI attorney in Athens Georgia 30609. Arrested for drunk driving in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best outcome.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on representing your DUI defense.
The chances of really having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Athens or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Athens Georgia will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI attorney in Athens GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Athens Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Athens Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI