Best DUI Attorney in Athens Georgia 30612
Find Best DUI attorney in Athens Georgia 30612. Arrested for drunk driving in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional other consequences as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on representing your DUI defense case.
The odds of really having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences, including high fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Athens or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Athens Georgia will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI attorney in Athens GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and take the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Athens Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Athens Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI