Best DUI Attorney in Bedford Virginia 24523
Find Best DUI attorney in Bedford Virginia 24523. Been arrested for drunk driving in Virginia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional other actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of an dedicated and experienced dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense.
The chances of really having your DUI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Bedford or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Bedford Virginia will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI attorney in Bedford VA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Virginia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and start the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the families of victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Bedford Virginia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Bedford Virginia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI