Best DUI Attorney in Bethlehem Georgia 30620
Find Best DUI attorney in Bethlehem Georgia 30620. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a experienced lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional other actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense.
The chances of really having your DUI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Bethlehem or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Bethlehem Georgia will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in Bethlehem GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Bethlehem Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Bethlehem Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI