Best DUI Attorney in Dawson Georgia 39842
Find Best DUI attorney in Dawson Georgia 39842. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional other consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on representing your DUI case.
The chances of really beating DUI charges are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Dawson or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Dawson Georgia will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI attorney in Dawson GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Dawson Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Dawson Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI