Best DUI Attorney in Eden Georgia 31307
Find Best DUI attorney in Eden Georgia 31307. Arrested for drunk driving in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also other actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on representing your DUI case.
The odds of really having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Eden or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Eden Georgia will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in Eden GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a good attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Eden Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Eden Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI