Best DUI Attorney in Fort Stewart Georgia 31315
Find Best DUI attorney in Fort Stewart Georgia 31315. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a experienced lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also other actions because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense case.
The odds of really having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Fort Stewart or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Fort Stewart Georgia will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI attorney in Fort Stewart GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Fort Stewart Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Fort Stewart Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI