Best DUI Attorney in Fredericksburg Virginia 22405
Find Best DUI attorney in Fredericksburg Virginia 22405. Arrested for drunk driving in Virginia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a experienced lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense.
The odds of really having your DUI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences, including high penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Fredericksburg or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Fredericksburg Virginia will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI attorney in Fredericksburg VA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Virginia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Fredericksburg Virginia.
DUI Attorney Explains DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Fredericksburg Virginia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI