Best DUI Attorney in Grundy Virginia 24614
Find Best DUI attorney in Grundy Virginia 24614. Arrested for a DUI in Virginia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional other consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Virginia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense case.
The chances of really beating DUI charges are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Grundy or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Grundy Virginia will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI attorney in Grundy VA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Virginia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Grundy Virginia.
DUI Attorney Explains DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Grundy Virginia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI