Best DUI Attorney in Jesup Georgia 31545
Find Best DUI attorney in Jesup Georgia 31545. Arrested for drunk driving in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also other actions because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced dui attorney who is focused on representing your DUI case.
The chances of really having your DUI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Jesup or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Jesup Georgia will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI attorney in Jesup GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Jesup Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Jesup Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI