Best DUI Attorney in Jonesboro Georgia 30237
Find Best DUI attorney in Jonesboro Georgia 30237. Been arrested for drunk driving in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best possible outcome.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense.
The odds of really having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Jonesboro or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Jonesboro Georgia will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in Jonesboro GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Jonesboro Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Jonesboro Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI