Best DUI Attorney in Jonesboro Georgia 30238
Find Best DUI attorney in Jonesboro Georgia 30238. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best possible outcome.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on representing your DUI defense.
The chances of really beating DUI charges are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Jonesboro or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Jonesboro Georgia will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI attorney in Jonesboro GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a good attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and start the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Jonesboro Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Jonesboro Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI