Best DUI Attorney in Macon Georgia 31209
Find Best DUI attorney in Macon Georgia 31209. Been arrested for drunk driving in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a experienced lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also other actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI case.
The chances of really beating DUI charges are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Macon or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Macon Georgia will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in Macon GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a good attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the families of victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Macon Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Macon Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI