Best DUI Attorney in Macon Georgia 31220
Find Best DUI attorney in Macon Georgia 31220. Arrested for drunk driving in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a experienced lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on representing your DUI defense.
The odds of really having your DUI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences, including high penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Macon or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Macon Georgia will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI attorney in Macon GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Macon Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Macon Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI