Best DUI Attorney in Macon Georgia 31294
Find Best DUI attorney in Macon Georgia 31294. Been arrested for drunk driving in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral actions because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to get the legal services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI case.
The odds of successfully beating DUI charges are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including high penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Macon or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Macon Georgia will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI attorney in Macon GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a good attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay the fee and take the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Macon Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Macon Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI