Best DUI Attorney in Macon Georgia 31295
Find Best DUI attorney in Macon Georgia 31295. Arrested for drunk driving in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced dui attorney who is focused on representing your DUI defense.
The chances of really beating DUI charges are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Macon or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Macon Georgia will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI attorney in Macon GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a good attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay the fee and start the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Macon Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Macon Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI