Best DUI Attorney in Macon Georgia 31296
Find Best DUI attorney in Macon Georgia 31296. Been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the legal services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense.
The chances of successfully beating DUI charges are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Macon or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Macon Georgia will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in Macon GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Macon Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Macon Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI