Best DUI Attorney in Meigs Georgia 31765
Find Best DUI attorney in Meigs Georgia 31765. Been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also other actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to get the legal services of an dedicated and experienced dui attorney who is focused on representing your DUI case.
The odds of successfully having your DUI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Meigs or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Meigs Georgia will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI attorney in Meigs GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Meigs Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Meigs Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI