Best DUI Attorney in Moseley Virginia 23120
Find Best DUI attorney in Moseley Virginia 23120. Arrested for drunk driving in Virginia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also other consequences as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Virginia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the legal services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense.
The chances of successfully beating DUI charges are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Moseley or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Moseley Virginia will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI attorney in Moseley VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Virginia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Moseley Virginia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Moseley Virginia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI