Best DUI Attorney in Portsmouth Virginia 23708
Find Best DUI attorney in Portsmouth Virginia 23708. Arrested for a DUI in Virginia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Virginia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI case.
The chances of successfully beating DUI charges are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Portsmouth or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Portsmouth Virginia will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI attorney in Portsmouth VA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Virginia Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and start the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Portsmouth Virginia.
DUI Attorney Explains Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Portsmouth Virginia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI