Best DUI Attorney in Smithfield Virginia 23430
Find Best DUI attorney in Smithfield Virginia 23430. Been arrested for drunk driving in Virginia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best outcome.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional other actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Virginia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the legal services of an dedicated and experienced dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense case.
The chances of really beating DUI charges are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Smithfield or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Smithfield Virginia will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI attorney in Smithfield VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Virginia Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and start the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Smithfield Virginia.
DUI Attorney Explains Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Smithfield Virginia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI