Best DUI Attorney in Springfield Virginia 22151
Find Best DUI attorney in Springfield Virginia 22151. Been arrested for a DUI in Virginia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to get the services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on representing your DUI case.
The chances of really having your DUI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Springfield or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Springfield Virginia will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI attorney in Springfield VA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Virginia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Springfield Virginia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Springfield Virginia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI