Best DUI Attorney in Springfield Virginia 22159
Find Best DUI attorney in Springfield Virginia 22159. Arrested for drunk driving in Virginia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also other consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Virginia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of an dedicated and experienced dui attorney who is focused on representing your DUI defense case.
The odds of successfully beating DUI charges are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Springfield or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Springfield Virginia will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI attorney in Springfield VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Virginia Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Springfield Virginia.
DUI Attorney Explains DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Springfield Virginia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI