Best DUI Attorney in Unadilla Georgia 31091
Find Best DUI attorney in Unadilla Georgia 31091. Been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best outcome.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on representing your DUI case.
The odds of successfully beating DUI charges are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Unadilla or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Unadilla Georgia will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in Unadilla GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Unadilla Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Unadilla Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI