Best DUI Attorney in Washington District of Columbia 20216
Find Best DUI attorney in Washington District of Columbia 20216. Arrested for a DUI in District of Columbia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in District of Columbia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the services of an dedicated and experienced dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI case.
The odds of successfully beating DUI charges are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences, including high fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Washington or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Washington District of Columbia will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI attorney in Washington DC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing District of Columbia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
District of Columbia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Washington District of Columbia.
DUI Attorney Explains Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Washington District of Columbia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI