Best DUI Attorney in Washington District of Columbia 20389
Find Best DUI attorney in Washington District of Columbia 20389. Arrested for drunk driving in District of Columbia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional other consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in District of Columbia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on representing your DUI case.
The odds of successfully beating DUI charges are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including high penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Washington or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Washington District of Columbia will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in Washington DC to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing District of Columbia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
District of Columbia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Washington District of Columbia.
DUI Attorney Explains DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Washington District of Columbia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI