Best DUI Attorney in Washington District of Columbia 20502
Find Best DUI attorney in Washington District of Columbia 20502. Arrested for drunk driving in District of Columbia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also other actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in District of Columbia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the legal services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on representing your DUI defense.
The odds of successfully having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Washington or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Washington District of Columbia will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI attorney in Washington DC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing District of Columbia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
District of Columbia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and start the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Washington District of Columbia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Washington District of Columbia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI