Best DUI Attorney in Washington District of Columbia 20507
Find Best DUI attorney in Washington District of Columbia 20507. Arrested for drunk driving in District of Columbia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in District of Columbia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to get the services of an dedicated and experienced dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense case.
The odds of successfully beating DUI charges are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Washington or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Washington District of Columbia will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI attorney in Washington DC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing District of Columbia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
District of Columbia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Washington District of Columbia.
DUI Attorney Explains DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Washington District of Columbia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI