Best DUI Attorney in Woodbine Georgia 31569
Find Best DUI attorney in Woodbine Georgia 31569. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense case.
The odds of successfully having your DUI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Woodbine or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Woodbine Georgia will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI attorney in Woodbine GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with victims family members.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Woodbine Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Woodbine Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI