Best DUI Attorney in Woodbridge Virginia 22195
Find Best DUI attorney in Woodbridge Virginia 22195. Arrested for drunk driving in Virginia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Virginia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense case.
The odds of really beating DUI charges are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Woodbridge or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Woodbridge Virginia will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in Woodbridge VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Virginia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Woodbridge Virginia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Woodbridge Virginia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI