Find Best DUI Defense Attorney in Schley Virginia 23154
Find Best DUI Defense Attorney in Schley Virginia 23154. Arrested for drunk driving in Virginia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the legal services of an experienced and dedicated dui lawyers who is focused on representing your DUI case.
The odds of really having your DUI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI attorney in Schley or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI attorneys in Schley VA will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in Schley VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Virginia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Schley Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250