Find Best DUI Defense Attorney in Silver Spring Maryland 20905
Find Best DUI Defense Attorney in Silver Spring Maryland 20905. Arrested for a DUI in Maryland? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best possible outcome.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also other actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Maryland require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated dui lawyers who is focused on representing your DUI defense.
The odds of really beating a DUI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI attorney in Silver Spring or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI attorneys in Silver Spring MD will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI attorney in Silver Spring MD to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Maryland DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Maryland Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Silver Spring Maryland.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250