Best DUI Lawyer in Mascot Virginia 23108
Find Best DUI lawyer in Mascot Virginia 23108. Arrested for drunk driving in Virginia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best outcome.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced dui lawyers who is focused on representing your DUI case.
The odds of successfully having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Mascot or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The best DUI lawyer in Mascot Virginia will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Mascot VA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Virginia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drinking under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Mascot Virginia.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Lawyer in Mascot VA: What to Do If Charged With A DUI