Best DUI Lawyer in Portsmouth Virginia 23701
Find Best DUI lawyer in Portsmouth Virginia 23701. Arrested for a DUI in Virginia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best outcome.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional other consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of an dedicated and experienced dui lawyers who is focused on representing your DUI case.
The odds of really beating a DUI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Portsmouth or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The best DUI lawyer in Portsmouth Virginia will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Portsmouth VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia laws, having experience are important qualities in a good attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Virginia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drinking under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Portsmouth Virginia.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Lawyer in Portsmouth VA: What to Do If Charged With A DUI