Best DUI Lawyer in Portsmouth Virginia 23708
Find Best DUI lawyer in Portsmouth Virginia 23708. Been arrested for a DUI in Virginia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional other consequences as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated dui lawyers who is focused on representing your DUI defense case.
The odds of successfully having your DUI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Portsmouth or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The best DUI lawyer in Portsmouth Virginia will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Portsmouth VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Virginia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drinking under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay the fee and start the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Portsmouth Virginia.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Lawyer in Portsmouth VA: What to Do If Charged With A DUI