Best DUI Lawyer in Sandy Utah 84093
Find Best DUI lawyer in Sandy Utah 84093. Been arrested for a DUI in Utah? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a experienced lawyer for the best outcome.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Utah require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced dui lawyers who is focused on defending your DUI case.
The odds of really having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Sandy or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The best DUI lawyer in Sandy Utah will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Sandy UT to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Utah laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Utah Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with victims family members.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Sandy Utah.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Lawyer in Sandy UT: What to Do If Charged With A DUI