Best DUI Lawyer in Silver Spring Maryland 20910
Find Best DUI lawyer in Silver Spring Maryland 20910. Been arrested for a DUI in Maryland? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best outcome.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Maryland require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the services of an experienced and dedicated dui lawyers who is focused on representing your DUI case.
The odds of really beating a DUI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Silver Spring or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The best DUI lawyer in Silver Spring Maryland will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Silver Spring MD to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Maryland laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Maryland Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Silver Spring Maryland.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Lawyer in Silver Spring MD: What to Do If Charged With A DUI